I am one of those people who can barely get dressed in the morning before I eat breakfast. I wake up starving every morning and have little to no energy to get anything done before breakfast. This isn't so much of a problem at home where I can guarantee to find something to eat in the kitchen before I even think about getting dressed, but at school, forget it.
It is a huge deal for me to get up, take a shower, get dressed, put on makeup, brush my teeth, etc. before I go to the dining hall for breakfast. What's even worse is that with earlier classes sometimes I just don't have the time to put myself together well and eat enough to make it through my first class.
This semester I have two days of the week when I have three one and a half hour classes in a row without lunch. It's awful! Especially since it just works out that I wash my hair on those mornings so I definitely do not have time to run to the dining hall and even if I did is there really anything to hold me over until the end of classes? Definitely not.
But I found the perfect solution: protein bars. I eat half of the protein bar before my first class and the other half before my second and I can make almost to the end of the day without feeling tired or hungry. I seriously recommend trying that. It keeps you full and awake for a long period of time plus it's pretty healthy. Obviously you shouldn't eat protein bars all the time but one in the morning can't hurt.
The other bonus is that they come in a variety of flavors. My favorite is chocolate chip (of course). Chocolate+ energy= yes please.

No comments:
Post a Comment