Saturday

A Very Country V-Day


My Valentine's Day was very eventful. Actually, this might have been the most I've done on a Friday in a long time. Most of the time our big Friday night adventures at school are to the mall or taco bell, but yesterday was definitely action packed! 

Yesterday started out great. I woke up a few hours before class to an email that said classes were cancelled so I got to sleep a few extra hours. Around 3 I trekked through the snowy parking lot with my boyfriend and his roommate to try and dig out the car. Fortunately, my boyfriend has a jeep wrangler so while everyone else had shovels in their hands and snow in their socks, we were able to drive right over the snow! 



We went to the diner for a late breakfast/lunch before my boyfriend and I exchanged gifts. Because his birthday is a few days after Valentine's Day and mine is next month we decided to keep the gift giving pretty low key this year. I bought him an automatic snack dispenser from Brookstone. Now hunger will never stop him from playing video games for hours. Ugh, I may soon regret that decision. 

And I guess great minds think alike, look what he got me:


For months now every single time we go to the mall we have to stop in Brookstone and play with the sand, so of course that's what he bought me. It looks kind of silly but it's actually really fun to play with it has such a weird consistency. I'd be lying if I said I didn't spend a good hour playing with it earlier today. 

Last night I went to see Darius Rucker with my boyfriend and two of his roommates. It was so much fun! Despite the fact that the three of them don't like country music I still somehow convinced them to get tickets. Maybe because I whined and talked about it nonstop until they ordered the tickets, I don't know ;). 



 David Nail and the Eli Young Band opened for him and they were both amazing! I got a video of the Eli Young Band "Drunk Last Night" and Darius Rucker's "This". Ugh, it was so amazing I thought I was going to cry. 


 

Of course the photos I took on my phone aren't anything special, but it seriously was a night to remember! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop