Thanks to Chloe at Wanderlust
in the Midwest, I was nominated for a Liebster Award! It's an award
given to relatively new bloggers with a following of under 200 to spread the
word about their blog! Each person who receives this award must nominate 11
other people (I only have 10, sorry!), list 11 facts about themselves, answer 11 questions that the
nominator made for them, and then write 11 questions for the 11 people they
choose!
Here are 11 facts about me:
1) I'm from New York, but I love South Carolina as
if I were raised there
2) I've wanted to be a writer for as long as I can
remember (in my fifth grade yearbook I wrote that I wanted to be an author when
I grew up). I really love writing fiction, and I've written a few unpublished
novels.
3) I read Harry Potter in under a month when I was
six and from that point on I was officially in love with reading
4) In 6th grade I spent every single moment
reading. Seriously, I read 52 books in just the second quarter of the school
year when we were only required to read 2 (I guess I was a little weird).
5) I went to the University of South Carolina for a
semester, but I then transferred to a school in upstate New York. Sometimes I
regret the switch and sometimes I don't.
6) I really love singing, but I can't sing
in front of anyone.
7) When I was at USC, I joined Alpha Gamma Delta as
a founding sister of the USC chapter.
8) I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia when I was 16.
9) I really love to paint.
10) I hope to always have the freedom to
travel.
11) I've particpated in NaNoWriMo (National Novel
Writing Month) 4 times and won 3 of those times. It's a challenge for writers
to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November.
Chloe's questions:
1) What's one thing that you really
want to learn?
I started taking flying lessons from
my dad when I was younger, but I never kept up with it. How awesome would
it be to have a pilot's license?!
2) What are your go-to beauty
products?
I'm pretty simple. I stick with Clinique moisturizer,
bronzer, black eyeliner, and mascara.
I had to really think about this question, but I love that I love writing. I love that nothing makes me happier than finishing a short story, a blog post, or even a novel. When I was in high school I took advanced English classes with a particularly difficult teacher and always received B’s on my papers. I was so discouraged, I thought I would never be a good writer, but now I realize that I was still learning. Now I hardly ever receive less than an A on a paper.
France! I know that's so stereotypical,
but I would love to sit and write in the same cafes that so many great
writers have produced their best work in! (I really love Hemingway) Also,
I'd love to visit the beaches of southern France.
Hopefully with my boyfriend, running
my own business, healthy, and living comfortably.
I'm majoring in economics, which I
chose because microeconomics was the first class I've ever taken that gave me a
challenge but didn't bore me to tears. I'd love to pick up business skills
from my classes, but I don't think you'll find me working in
economics in the future. Confession: I wish I was an English major.
I love chocolate (read: addict). I
know everyone loves chocolate, but I can't get through the day
without a little bit between classes.
8) How do you hope to impact the
world?
I'd like to write words that mean
something to someone. I want the stories I write to be relatable. Hopefully,
one day I’ll write a young adult book that will help make high school a little
more bearable for someone.
9) What are your five favorite books,
and why?
1.The Picture of
Dorian Gray~ Oscar Wilde
2.Anna Karenina~ Leo
Tolstoy
3.Inkheart (childhood
favorite)
4.The Bell Jar~
Sylvia Plath
5.Harry Potter (of
course)
10) How did you spend last summer?
At home writing and hanging out with
my dogs outside.
11) Where would you want to take your
honeymoon, and why?
Ideally somewhere beautiful and warm,
but the location doesn't matter as much as the happiness I feel with
the person I marry.
And the people I nominated are....
1) Emma at The
Collegiate Ginger
2) Cara at Southern
and Savvy
3) Hunter at Prep on a Budget
4) Elise at WanderLise
5) Miranda at Mermade
Moments
6) Kris at Creepers and Cupcakes
7) Jillian at Cornflake
Dreams
8) Taylor at The
California College Student
9) Laura at The
Literary Chic
10) Madellen at Tall Socks and Polka Dots
Here are my questions:
1) What is your favorite quote?
2) Favorite book?
3) Favorite place to travel?
4) Do you prefer movies or books?
5) What's the best way to travel (plane, car,
train, etc)?
6) What's your favorite food?
7) If you could go anywhere in the world right now,
where would you go and with who?
8) What do you want to be when you "grow
up"?
9) Do you prefer movies or TV shows?
10) Why did you start blogging?
11) What's the meaning behind the name of your blog?

No comments:
Post a Comment