Monday

Sick Days


I'm so sorry for the lack of interesting posts in the last few days. I've been sick with what I think is the flu, but the health center at my school isn't much help. When I called to make an appointment the nurser asked for my symptoms, decided I probably have the flu and then asked me to either go home or stay in my dorm until at least Wednesday. Um thanks for your help? I was really hoping for some medicine to get rid of it, but I guess a few days off of class is okay for now. 

So many people at school have the flu that my hall was nearly empty this weekend. Everyone has been going home because they're sick. For some reason that's the schools strategy to deal with this flu season. Not so helpful. 

Needless to say I have been in bed (my boyfriend's bed not even mine) alternating between chills and sweating while my fever comes and goes and coughing until my back aches. Basically rather than being sick in my room I'm spreading my germs all over my boyfriend and his roommates' room (oops). I guess I'm kind of a baby, but what are you gonna do? 

Here are a few of my tips for avoiding getting sick at college:

1) Sanitize~ Sanitize everything! Your hands, door knobs, the walls, the floor, pens, pencils, everything! At home you probably wouldn't have to worry about this because you aren't sharing a room. But at college you have a roommate and they are bringing just as many germs into the room as you are, so clean up after both of you to prevent getting sick!

2) Eat Healthy~ I know this seems obvious, but it makes a huge difference trade the plate of fries for an apple or a small salad. Eat yogurt for breakfast instead of sugary cereals. Make sure you eat a little protein everyday. Ditch the junk food, healthy snacks taste better and feel better.

3) Drink Water~ Seriously, stay hydrated always. It's so important to have water with you at all times. Not only will it keep you from passing out from dehydration, but it will keep you awake. Ever since I started drinking at least a bottle of water every morning I have been way more focused in class. Trust me it makes a difference.

4) Be Prepared~ If you do get sick you want to be prepared. Make sure you stock up on tissues, dayquil, nyquil, cough drops, advil, anything you might need if you do get sick. Chances are if you're prepared for the worst it won't happen. Plus, if you do get sick you don't want to be stuck without tissues, who knows when you'll get to the store next.


Hopefully in a few days this clears up and I can think straight enough to get to work on all of the new posts I've been planning. I hope you guys like them, maybe they'll be a little more useful. If anyone has any suggestions on types of posts you'd like to see let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop