Saturday

Weekend Unwind

It's the middle of midterms so there can only be so much of nothing done this weekend. Unfortunately my macroeconomics book has become my new best friend while my history and philosophy books are lingering in the corner of the room waiting for their turn. But of course I'm not one to devote every single hour of the weekend to studying so here's how I'm breaking up the days:


 Six Feet Under ~ One of my friends at school was talking about this show for weeks before I finally sat down to watch it (you know after I was all caught up with the show I was already watching on Netflix), and it is amazing!  I have to beg him to put on another episode every night, I'm seriously obsessed. We just started the fourth season (out of five) on Thursday and I wanted to cry. When this show ends I will be totally lost. 

Here's a quick overview: 
It's about a family who owns a funeral home so at times it can be pretty sad (read: someone dies in the beginning of every episode). After the first season the deaths becomes pretty normal and expected  so it's not a huge deal. As the poster says, "Everything everyone everywhere ends". For the most part the show is very blunt and real, it's refreshing for TV which is normally so superficial. You will definitely come out of this with a different view on life and death. 

The characters are very complex with strong, dynamic relationships which I think is the best part of the show. Throughout the first three seasons I haven't been able to choose just one favorite character, it changes every episode. 

I definitely recommend watching it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop