Friday

Paul Cézanne at the Guggenheim

Last Saturday I went into NYC for the day with my boyfriend to celebrate 2 years of being together. Isn't it crazy how time flies? We've been together since our senior year of high school, and now we're finishing up our sophomore year of college. All of the changes from graduating high school, to going away to college, and learning to live on our own have certainly put a lot of strain on our relationship, but we've made it through so far.

We drove into the city in the early afternoon to grab lunch and then go to an art museum. I haven't been to the city in at least a year, and I hadn't been on the subway in even longer. So of course, I was pretty overwhelmed by the whole traveling from one end of the city to the other experience. It was also pretty warm out, which I hadn't anticipated when I planned my outfit in the morning. What's worse than being cramped in the subway when you're overdressed? 

We ended up at the Guggenheim. The design of the building is exquisite, and the museum is filled with inspiring pieces. I tend to gravitate towards colorful paintings over landscapes or modern art over portraits and photographs, but I really love Cézanne's technique. 

Here are a few of my favorites that I saw: 
Man with Crossed Arms 
Bibémus
The Neighborhood of Jas de Bouffan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop