Saturday

Semester Wrap Up


It's the end of the semester, finally. These last few weeks have really dragged, I thought classes would never end. Thank goodness, Monday is the last day of classes, and finals start on Wednesday. I could not be happier to be finishing up my last semester as an Economics major (yuck). Somehow, I thought I loved economics, and maybe part of me does. I really enjoy theory, but about halfway through this semester I realized that if I ever see another supply and demand graph I may have to drop out of school.

Next semester, I will return to campus as an English major. Since the beginning of college, I have pretty much been in denial that I could in fact major in English, and not feel totally awful about myself. I definitely listen a little too much to what everyone around me says. A thousand times, I have heard that majoring in English is worthless unless you want to teach, somewhere around the hundredth time I started to listen. I tried to stick to only majors that were "useful", biology, marketing, economics, etc. They all sounded good to everyone else, but I secretly knew I never liked any of them.

Part of me has always known that no matter what degree I graduated with, or what job I held in the future,  I would always be writing. So why fight it anymore? What's the point in being miserable throughout the rest of college, when I can study something I actually enjoy?

Anyway, I'm still kind of in shock that I'll be finished with finals next Monday. While I'm positive that I cannot spend one more second in class, I'm not so ready to leave my friends. As always, going home for the summer is kind of sad. After only a few months of my freshman year, I pretty much lost contact with all of my high school friends. Living at home for more than a week can get a little lonely. Luckily, I reconnected with one of my friends over text a few days ago so at least I'll have someone to go to the beach with. Other than days at the beach, I plan to blog and read the summer away.

What are your summer plans? Also, leave your favorite books in the comments! I need some suggestions to add to my list for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop