Friday

Confidence is Key




Today something crazy happened to me (maybe this isn't really so wild, but I was pretty excited about it). I was looking through some photos that I posted on Viewbug awhile back and I realized that I recognized one of my pictures (duh right? I took it). But I didn't recognize it as one of mine I recognized it from tumblr. So I quickly scrolled through the archives of both of my tumblrs searching for the picture but I didn't find it. Someone else must have reposted it, but that doesn't matter. What is wild about that is I have literally seen it at least once a month and I didn't even realize it was mine because I loved it so much.

In case you can't already tell my self confidence is pretty low a lot of the time. I wasn't even giving myself credit for a photo that I took! Now when I originally posted it on Viewbug over a year ago I must have loved it, but I didn't fully believe anyone else would.

I am finally seeing that sometimes I can create things that other people love too, not just myself. That's giving me a little more confidence in my creativity. Hopefully this will give me the courage to share more of my writing. You can't be a published writer if nobody ever reads it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop