Somehow the spring semester is almost half way over. Time has seriously been flying by, because to be honest I don't feel like classes have even really started. Between three snow days and the freezing temperatures, I am dragging my feet all the way to class each morning. Honestly, I can't think of a single time this semester after the first week when I actually read a textbook before class (oops).
It's bad enough that I feel like school just began and I am definitely not in the studying/learning mindset, but now midterms are right around the corner! I have a history midterm coming up next week and all I can think about is I haven't even learned anything yet?!
Maybe it's because the second semester is right after Christmas and winter break was long but not long enough. Whatever it is, it has to be fixed! So how do you keep yourself focused mid semester in time to study for midterms?
Spring Cleaning~ In the beginning of the semester I organize my room, desk, clothes, everything in preparation for the upcoming weeks. But at the midway point it would be a lie to say my closet isn't a mess, my desk has more clothes on it then books, and my notebooks are falling apart. (Ahhh!)
Definitely not conducive to good study habits. So this year make spring cleaning come early!
1) Clean out your closet and hang up those clothes that have fallen on the floor.
2) Reorganize your clothes in the dresser (seriously mine are ridiculous there are jeans in the same drawer as my underwear and sweaters in my pajama drawer, yuck).
3) Clean up your desk and clear a place to study or at least keep your textbooks orderly and in sight. You definitely cannot afford to have those go missing now.
4) Buy new binders and notebooks if yours are falling apart and overflowing with notes already.
5) Break out your planner. Who isn't guilty of throwing their planner under the bed or scarcely bringing it out from the bottom of your bag? I know I am, I stopped writing down assignments and important dates before my first snow day (2 weeks ago). Not good.
I hope some of these suggestions were helpful, I am definitely going to start implementing them this week. And if your midterms are starting already, good luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment