Tuesday

What Makes Me Mad

Nothing makes me more angry than people taking credit for work that they didn't produce. Especially photography, it's so hard to prove or distinguish sometimes that it's your own work, so why do people steal things? 

As a photographer, I know that getting the perfect shot can be sometimes really hit or miss. And when I do get a great shot I want credit for it. I am so sick of posting my work online just to find out that someone else has reposted it somewhere else without crediting me. And what's worse? When they get a better reception than the original post. 

I wish something could be done about this. Just today I found one of my photos on pinterest and guess what someone had changed the source to THEIR Flickr!! Are you joking?? It's not like they just pinned it or posted it on tumblr (which still bugs me a lot if there's no proper credit given), but this person literally downloaded MY image to their computer and then uploaded it on Flickr as if they had taken it. 

The internet makes me so angry sometimes, it's awesome that we can put our creations out their to such a broad audience, but I really would love credit for my own hard work. I'm so sick of submitting copyright infringement notices and all of that every time this happens. I try so hard to keep almost every image on my blog either my own original work or credit it appropriately. 

Has this happened to anyone else? What do you do about it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop