Wednesday

Mini Adventures


My favorite part of taking pictures is that every time I have my camera I feel like I'm on a mini adventure. And what a better way to recall a specific day than to have great photos? I don't bring my camera around a lot when I'm at school because most of the time there's not much to see. I'm glad I did today though. We don't spend much time driving around areas we don't know, but today we drove into Troy. 

How cool is this old iron building? We talked to someone who lives nearby and he said not many people go in there anymore. I'd love to check out the inside, it seems like a place full of history. Down the road is an old school building that looks more like a warehouse than somewhere for children but it's still open today. On the other side of the building is a prison. Think about that a school on one side of the railroad tracks and a prison on the other. Scary stuff.


On the way back the sun was setting (as you can see from the bit of glare) but we drove over the Hudson River. So much emphasis is put on the wonder of New York City that we forget about the other cool parts of New York. I didn't know it until this year, but Albany is a pretty cool place. 

I love being able to get off campus even just for a bit with my friends after a long day of classes. Even if it means trekking through the snow to get good pictures (the first one). 

Is your school in a really cool area? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop