Tuesday

Liebster Award Nomination #2



I was nominated for another Liebster award by the lovely Jennifer at Blush and Fuss! Because I just made a similar post for my first Liebster Award last week, I thought I would modify this post a bit. Rather than nominating new blogs and listing facts about myself here, I'm just going to Jennifer's 11 questions: 

1. What made you want to start your blog?

I've been writing fiction forever, but I was always too afraid to show anyone anything I wrote. I mean even with papers for school I hated the thought of anyone else reading my work. Unfortunately to be a "real" writer someone actually has to read your work (haha). So I made it my goal to slowly start letting other people read my writing. Of course, it would be way too challenging to start with people I knew. So blogging seemed like a great start, I could start out anonymous until I gained a little more confidence, and then eventually show it to people I know "in real life". 


2. What do you want to improve on your blog?

I'd like to improve the direction of my blog. I mean I have no idea how to describe it right now. I guess a little bit of everything? I'd like to narrow my focus and continue to gain more readers.


3. What would you do if you suddenly won $10,000,000.00 in the lottery?

Right now, I would probably finish up the semester and then spend the summer traveling and writing. I cannot even fathom what to do with that much money, so for now I'd just spend a little and cross a few things off of my bucket list

4. Favorite time of the year?

My favorite time of year is the fall. I love when it just starts to get chilly out and the leaves are changing colors. There's no better time to trade my flip flops for boots and break out my beloved sweaters. As much as I love sundresses and flips flops, fall outfits are so much more interesting. Plus, who doesn't love the beginning of holiday season? From the beginning of decorating for Halloween to Christmas there are so many fun, festive things to do.


5. Hobby other than blogging?

I really love to read, but I hardly ever have time for it during the semester. At most I'll read a chapter or two of a book, and then it will disappear under all of my textbooks. Luckily, I'm home for spring break right now so I have all the time in the world to read.

I also really love painting and photography. Again, two more things that don't happen often when I'm at school!


6. What color expresses your personality best?


This is a hard one, I think that navy blue would match my personality. It's a pretty conservative, casual, and reserved shade of blue. I've always been a quiet person, so a loud, bright color definitely would not match my personality. I always find myself gravitating towards dark blue, it won't draw a lot of attention, but it can be casual or dressed up. 

7. What would you like to accomplish by the end of the year?

By the end of the year I would like to have a manuscript prepared to submit to an literary agent or publishing company! 


8. Where is your dream vacation?

My dream vacation would be to travel to France. As I talked about on my bucket list I'd like to see the places where Ernest Hemingway wrote some of his earlier work. I would also like to visit the beaches in southern France. Beach and literature = perfect vacation.


9. Who is your biggest inspiration?


Honestly, as far as blogging goes, my biggest inspiration is Carly at The College Prepster. Her blog was the first blog I ever started seriously following. I found it over a year ago and every single day since then I've been keeping up with her posts. I love that she began her blog as just a hobby in college and then it eventually evolved into a full time job 5 years later.

10.  How did you choose your blog name?

I chose two things I love and put them together: mermaids and writing. Mermaid Tales.

11. What makes you feel the most beautiful and confident?


This is definitely the hardest question to answer. I guess I feel most beautiful and confident when I really love the outfit I'm wearing and my hair isn't tangled (how often is that though?). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop