I've been home from school for about a week now, and I have successfully managed to take a little break from the computer. At school I spend about 85% of the time that I'm awake on the computer (ugh), so I decided it would probably be good to spend some time apart. This is actually the first time I've even looked at my computer since Friday morning. That's pretty good. Now that the short hiatus is over it's back to blogging! Unfortunately, the end of the semester brought a few unexpected challenges that really put a damper on my desire to write. But thankfully that's over!
Here's a little recap of my first week at home:
My dad picked me up from school in his plane, and somehow we managed to fit my entire dorm room in the back of it. I definitely spent the entire morning panicking that nothing would fit, but somehow it worked out and that saved us four hours in the car.
I spent the entire ride home trying to get a good picture of the propellers spinning. Luckily, I caught a pretty cool video of it on my Instagram.
There's no better feeling in the world than flying over the shores of Long Island and knowing we're almost home! The colors of the water are incredible, it definitely makes me anxious for warmer weather and long days at the beach. (#yes).
Besides seeing my family, one of my favorite parts of coming home is seeing my puppies. Especially this princess who basically took my spot when I went away to school this year. We adopted Misty last summer just after my freshman year, she's the sweetest little dog, but she spent the first semester of this year chewing everything in my room. (Not okay) Needless to say, she's totally banned from my room while I'm away at school these days.
90% of the time she's the least photogenic dog in the entire world, but she's just too cute not to take pictures anyway. How cute is her new harness and matching leash? She is a princess, so of course she doesn't actually like to go for walks, but she does love car rides.
I had to add this shot, because it was one of the only good ones on my phone!
Poor Gabe, I definitely don't spend nearly as much time following him around with the camera. He's just way too fluffy to resist petting whenever he's around. My family rescued him last spring, he's part Great Pyrenees and he loves running around the backyard, so unlike Misty he doesn't spend too much time hanging out with us.




No comments:
Post a Comment