Saturday

Saturday Mornings At The Farmer's Market

I just love Saturday mornings in the summer. Well, I really just love mornings in general (once I get up of course). Before the heat comes, quiet town, and breakfast foods. What more could you ask for? I live in a cute little town on the water and every Saturday morning there's a small farmer's market set up overlooking the harbor. I wish I could say that I have a picture of the actual market, but I've been bringing my dog Misty along recently and she isn't the best walker so it's difficult to stop and take pictures.

The first two pictures are from the spring, but here's an idea of where I live:



The Harbor in the Spring

Pre-farmer's market excitement 
I've talked about this before but Misty is a rescue, so we adopted her when she was about 2 years old (last summer). Her previous owner's must not have taught her how to walk on a leash because she is an absolute nightmare. She literally just drags me through the market. (It's a little embarrassing since she's so small.)

As much as I love the dress I wore, it is not ideal for walking a crazy dog
Because she is so inept at walking we bought her a harness hoping that that would give us better control without choking her. Well, of course the harness came in wacky polka dot patterns that don't match her pink and green army print collar. On top of that fashion mess, we use either the light pink leash in the picture or a black and pink zebra print leash. 

Despite her clashing attire and lack of ability to walk she loves car rides. She is the happiest dog in the world as long as she is hanging out in the back of the car. When actually park the car by the water and try to get her out she's so disappointed because all she wants to do is drive around. Her excitement is best portrayed by this video: 


Of course my real favorite part of going to the farmer's market is getting these amazing breakfast treats: 

Pain au chocolat
Do you have any summer traditions? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop