Wednesday
#SummerBloggerChallenge: Summer Reads!
With all of the traveling this past month I have fallen way behind on the #SummerBloggerChallenge posts! This post is one that I really regret missing out on: What am I reading this summer? So here I am-way late in the game-writing about the novels I crossed off my reading list.
I started the summer with a list of books to read (most of which I pinned to this board), but I read less than half of them. Rather than hunting them down in Barnes and Noble or ordering them online, I just started picking up whatever looked interesting in the store.
I also read a bunch of ebooks, because my local library recently started lending them out. It's way easier to fly through a book on the computer, even if it isn't quite the same experience! Another plus to this is being able to check out really easy YA reads that aren't always worth paying for or the embarrassment of picking up in the store.
My summer started with The Night Circus. I picked it up at Target one afternoon, it stuck out because the writer, Erin Morgenstein, had written the first draft during NaNoWriMo. If you've been reading my blog for a while you probably know that I absolutely love NaNo and I participate every year. You can check out there website here to learn more about it!
I also reviewed and partnered with Random House to give away a copy of Lucky Us. This book was released in late July so it was really cool to be able to read and review it ahead of time. Definitely one of my favorite blogging experiences so far!
In the middle of the summer my reading stamina waned as I struggled to slow down and just enjoy reading. There are way too many books and not enough time to read them. Can I just take a year or two off from real life and just read???
I read The Thirteenth Tale and Brain on Fire in the middle of the summer. While I enjoyed reading them both, they definitely don't stand out as the most exciting books that I've ever read. Of course, this could be because Atlas Shrugged was staring at me across the room. If you've ever seen or held a copy of this book you know how intimidating it can be. It definitely put on extra pressure to up my reading speed.
When I finally did make it to Atlas Shrugged I only made it through 600 pages before school started again. So now the book waits patiently (or not so patiently) on my desk waiting for me to put aside my American and English literature textbooks. Basically, Monday-Thursday is for reading school books and Atlas Shrugged gets the weekend. Seriously, who knew it would be so challenging to be an English major?
What did you read this summer?
**By the way, this is my 100th post! Coincidentally, there's a super awesome giveaway coming to the blog soon too.**
Labels:
#SummerBloggerChallenge,
books
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment