Fall break falls (ha!) in between midterms. If you don't have any exams, or if they're over in the first week, you can happily do absolutely nothing all weekend without even a speck of guilt. For everyone else, the long weekend is a welcomed extra day of studying (or thinking about studying).
I only have one "real" midterm this semester and that was originally scheduled for the day before break. So of course I planned on rewarding all of the time spent trying to review the early part of my American lit class with a long marathon of Gilmore Girls on Friday.
Of course, I could only be so lucky that the exam would be moved to Tuesday after break (sobs). Am I really going to study/ read the book all weekend? No. Am I going to feel guilty about not doing that? Yes. So while I'm not spending my whole weekend studying in the library, I'm still definitely not happy about this.
On top of that I have another (non-midterm) exam Monday and a research paper proposal due. Lucky me. Even if I wanted to go home this weekend, I definitely couldn't.
So here are 5 things that a long weekend at school is perfect for:
1. Painting
I love to paint. There's a project that I'm working on right now that I started weeks ago but never had the chance to finish.
I always say I'm going to work on it over the weekend, but suddenly it's Sunday night and I haven't even given it a second look. This weekend is the perfect opportunity to start and finish little projects!
2. Fall Adventures
Upstate New York is absolutely stunning in the fall. The leaves are vibrant shades of red and yellow and the grass is greener than ever. It's the perfect way to end the warm seasons before the winter starts.
There's nothing better than driving around and exploring the area, going to parks, and picking apples. Fall is the best season.
3. Netflix
I obviously can't leave this off the list. Honestly, I'm really looking forward to spending a day in bed watching movies or catching up on tv shows. School can be so exhausting and it'll be nice to just relax and stare mindlessly at the screen.
4. Read
As an English major, I read a lot. In fact, there's never a moment where I feel completely caught up with all of the reading I have to do. This is probably my fault for taking four english classes in one semester, but nevertheless I have a lot of reading to do. Plus, I'm still working on Atlas Shrugged (I just passed page 1060!!!). So that takes up every spare second of reading time.
Fingers crossed, by the weekend I'll have very little reading for school and I'll be finished with Atlas Shrugged and I can finally break out an easier read. I have to admit, I really love YA fiction for those quick, relaxing reads. Just a few weeks ago, I read Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl and I really liked it. I definitely want to read more of her work soon.
5. Sleep
My friends would probably laugh if they saw this. I am definitely the queen of naps. In fact, if I don't take a nap all day there's either something horribly wrong or I just slept late. Even if I slept for 14 hours I'd probably still take a nap. There could be a lot of noise and plenty of people in the room (and there usually is) and I'll still sleep like a rock for hours (#freak).
Something about college just exhausts me way more than usual. So obviously, this makes the list of things I'm looking forward to this weekend.



No comments:
Post a Comment