
1. Alone time
It's hard to find time to just be alone and unwind when you share a room with two people. Of course, having roommates can be really fun, but sometimes it's so nice to know that you can close the door to your room and no one else will come in. Aside from roommates, having so much to do at school and so many people living in the same place it's not always easy to find a quiet minute or second to yourself.
2. Showers
I leave in a room that actually has it's own bathroom at school this year. It's so much better sharing a bathroom with two people rather than an entire floor, but still it's a school shower with little space. No matter how much you clean, it's weird to know that you have no idea who used the shower in all of the years before you lived there. Coming home to a clean shower that only your family uses is so much nicer.
3. Reading
I love being an english major, but actually being able to choose which books I read for an entire month is really my favorite part of break. Throughout the semester I accumulate a list of books that I'm dying to read and I count the days until I can finally read them. (Yeah, seriously). Even though I don't always have time to read much at home, it's still so nice to just have the option.
I've actually been incredibly busy all break (which has been really fun), but I haven't even finished a book yet. This could be because I've been reading four at the same time...but still crazy busy break.
4. Good Food
This really should have been first on my list. Frankly, the food at school is awful. I know you really can't expect much better from college food, but still coming home to food that you can actually identify is a blessing. Seriously, just give me (evenly cooked) pasta and fresh fruit and I can survive the entire semester, but instead there's an assortment of strange things that tend to really hurt my stomach. College is fun, but I guarantee I will never say I miss the food.
5. Pets
Just give me a dog and I'll be happy. The list of benefits to having this furry friend are endless. Aside from my parents, I don't miss anyone or anything more when I'm at school than my two dogs. If I could have one at school, I would (probably) complain about school much less.
I love showering at home! The water pressure is so much better, and I can leave all of my products in the shower without lugging them back and forth. You never realize the things you take for granted until you go away to school!
ReplyDeleteThere can NEVER be a substitute for home food.
ReplyDelete