
There's nothing worse than dry, damaged hair, but in the colder months it is almost unavoidable. The only real way to combat this is by finding the right shampoo and conditioner to add a little life to your hair. Between blow drying, brushing, over washing, straightening, curling, and everything else girls tend to do to their hair, by midseason your hair is a serious mess. Luckily, there's the Oleo Miracle Treatment from Dessange to save your damaged locks. This shampoo and conditioner duo is paired with a replenishing oil to add just the extra touch of treatment to your shower routine.
Personally, I hardly ever blow dry my hair. It's long (really, really long) and naturally straight, so I never straighten it either. I wash it every other day and let it air dry, or gently towel dry it. There is absolutely no part of my haircare routine that warrants the amount of damage that my hair tends to show, but that just comes along with having hair long enough to get stuck under backpack straps, in seat belts, zippers, everything. Going to school in upstate New York where the winters are absolutely freezing and the air is super dry is also another damaging factor.
When I wash my hair in the winter I tend to stick to Garnier Fructis and Herbal Essence shampoos and conditions. I alternate between products that add volume and moisturizer to my hair, but haven't tried anything for damage yet. After just one wash with the Dessange Oleo Miracle Treatment line, my hair is significantly shinier and smoother.
The number one issue that will stop me from using certain shampoos and conditioners, is when they make my hair feel sticky even after the product is rinsed out. This is something I worried about happening with this line, especially with the oil, but to my surprise my hair felt smooth even while wet in the shower and the conditioner was thick enough to help detangle all of the inevitable knots in my hair.
The replenishing oil, which I was most weary of, turned out to feel really great in my hair. After combing out my hair and letting it dry for a few minutes, I applied three drops to the tips of my hair and then combed it through. In just a few minutes my hair was dry and the tips felt smooth, rather than sticky or oily.
Overall, these products are really great. I will definitely continue to use them for the next few washes, and next week I'll post an update of how my hair looks and feels.
*I was sent these products to review courtesy of Influenster.*
No comments:
Post a Comment