Friday

Nike Training App

Just the other day, when I got my new iPhone, I discovered the Nike training app. The app is totally free and contains at least one hundred different workouts. All of these target different parts of the body. Seriously, this app is the end of wondering how many more combinations of pushups and sit-ups you have to do before you get that toned body you want. 

There are four different options for workouts: lean, toned, strong and focused. Each target every muscle group but in a way that aims to help you achieve your fitness goals whether that be cutting back on fat or gaining strength. 


This app is seriously perfect for me. My workout routine generally consists of running on my treadmill for about a mile and then losing interest, then I might do a few pushups and crunches, and if I am feeling super motivated a bit of stretching. Talk about boring. Plus after this routine, I barely ever feel sore, just tired.

Yesterday I decided to try out the Nike Training app for the first time and I only made it halfway through a beginner's workout under the "Get Strong" category. After about fifteen minutes of lunges, planks, running in place and more my legs felt like jello. I literally spent the next few hours shuffling around, because my legs were that stiff.

This morning I woke up achey and sore, but in a good way. I decided to take it easy today and settle for a long hot bath in the jacuzzi tub rather than another workout. Despite the fact that I am having a bit of trouble bending down and walking up and down stairs, I definitely feel positive results. I am betting that in less than I week there will certainly be a noticeable difference in my muscle tone.

What is better than so many workout options? A workout program with a bunch of options ranging from which areas you want to focus on, what level you are at and how often you want to work out. Brilliant.

Below is a screenshot of my first week.


In summary, you seriously need to check out this app. Just be careful and stay hydrated, I definitely drank at least 8 glasses of water yesterday. 

Let me know what you think. What's your workout routine? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop