The past few weeks have been far from easy. Between getting sick right after spring break and the pressure of final quickly approaching, I am completely drained. It's hard enough catching up on missed schoolwork, without worrying about studying for exams and writing papers. Ugh.
As all of the craziness has been happening, my blog has certainly felt a bit neglected. Frankly, with everything going on finding the time to write while my brain is still functioning is near impossible. It seems that my draft box is filling up faster and faster with posts that just aren't my best work.
In effort to break myself out of this rut and take a little break from homework, I decided to write about the good things that have happened recently.
1) Her Campus Siena~ My college is pretty small and there are about zero opportunities for writers aside from the school newspaper. When I realized we didn't even have a Her Campus chapter, I was pretty disappointed. So what did I do? Submitted an application, of course! After a few weeks of applications, edit tests, and interviews, we have finally been approved!
I seriously cannot wait until we have our page up and running. It'll be so cool to actually be involved in something on campus. Sometimes just going to class and hanging out with friends just isn't enough. Plus, my roommate for next year will be running it with me, so it'll definitely be a blast!
2) The Prospect~ A few months ago, I applied to join the writing staff of The Prospect. Ever since I was accepted I had been waiting on the edge of my seat to get my first assignment. A few weeks ago I was assigned a piece in the financial aid section, and it has finally been posted! You can read it here.

No comments:
Post a Comment