Tuesday

July 1st = Write A Novel


It's the second week of summer and I couldn't be loving it anymore. Within the past week I finished up my summer class, planned a trip to Charleston, SC, and applied for a part time job. Pretty successful week if I say so myself. What's next? Gluing myself to my desk chair to get started on my novel for July's Camp NaNo. I told you I'd be adding to my summer plans!


 In summary, Camp NaNo is a challenge to write a 50,000 word novel in just one month. Traditionally, this is done in the month of November (National Novel Writing Month), but in recent years Camp NaNoWriMo has been running in the summer months. Us crazy writers are just way too impatient to wait a whole year for that adrenaline rush. If you're unfamiliar with Camp NaNo or regular NaNoWriMo you can found out more on their website

The challenge with Camp NaNo is that not as many people seem to be participating each year and it's much harder to finish. There's something about chilly November that makes it perfect for finding time to update your word count in between class and sleep. But July is so sunny and hot-not ideal writing weather. Even when you're sitting safely inside with the air conditioning, there just isn't a lot of will to write 50,000 words!

Feel free to role your eyes, because I'm sure that in November I will be saying just the opposite. I'll tell you about how perfect the beach is for writing, leaving out that sand will get stuck in your keyboard and your sunburnt shoulders will not be mobile enough to type. 

I probably don't have to tell you that maintaining the necessary motivation to write an entire novel in only 30 days is near impossible. But if I do: It's nearly impossible. I'm currently going back and forth trying to decide whether I should publish my novel online as I write it on Wattpad, or keep it to myself until the end. In the next week I'll be exploring the pros and cons of each method, and I'm sure I'll blog about it too! 

If you're interested in keeping up with my search for writing inspiration you can follow along on my NaNoWriMo Pinterest board!

Will you be writing a novel this month? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop